csmrunning

how can I create kerb appeal

Caroline Murphy
8 years ago

This is my recently purchased home. I rented for 3 years before I bought it. It is pebble dashed and most of it is in good condition, but it's not a pretty looking house. It's one of four houses built in 1958 for police officers. It's brick with cavity walls under the pebbledash.

my thoughts are to have the outside walls rendered and painted. What about a porch or a slated roof built above the large bay flat roof?

With th regards the garden. The privet hedge is like the hind leg of a donkey with slim and fat areas. As you can see from the pick, there is a forest tree growing right on the corner of the garden! It drips sap all over the garden plants. I'd like to take down the privet and replace with something else and then get rid of the conifer, fern type trees that are stuck here and there with no real design thought. I need a simple idea that I can do to the garden to give it kerb appeal.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.