ramsayclare

Living room with lots of doors and big empty space - help!

ramsayclare
19 May, 2016
last modified: 19 May, 2016

I have just moved into my new home and I am loving it, however I am struggling with the living room layout and my current furniture - which I think may be too big for the room.

Here are a couple more views - and yes, I do have a large white and small yellow sofa :)

(The bookcases are white in real life though)

As you can see - it is completely bare at one end and the L-shaped sofa has it's back to the french doors (which I hate). The french doors also ALL open into the room and I can't move the fireplace (the yellow thing on the plan) ...I am at a loss as to what to place at the empty end of the room!

I can't afford to buy any new furniture at the moment and so I am going to have to keep what I've got - however I do have an armchair which I took out because I couldn't find anywhere to put it and is currently in the hallway.

I will upload some photos of the actual room shortly......any help with this would be really appreciated, as I have moved the L-shaped sofa many times now and this is the best I can get it.

Here is a photo of the room: