hzdeleted_24964868

Living room with lots of doors and big empty space - help!

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have just moved into my new home and I am loving it, however I am struggling with the living room layout and my current furniture - which I think may be too big for the room.

Here are a couple more views - and yes, I do have a large white and small yellow sofa :)

(The bookcases are white in real life though)

As you can see - it is completely bare at one end and the L-shaped sofa has it's back to the french doors (which I hate). The french doors also ALL open into the room and I can't move the fireplace (the yellow thing on the plan) ...I am at a loss as to what to place at the empty end of the room!

I can't afford to buy any new furniture at the moment and so I am going to have to keep what I've got - however I do have an armchair which I took out because I couldn't find anywhere to put it and is currently in the hallway.

I will upload some photos of the actual room shortly......any help with this would be really appreciated, as I have moved the L-shaped sofa many times now and this is the best I can get it.

Here is a photo of the room:

Comments (25)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.