sarah_morrison_92

Two rooms knocked in to one big living room! Design dilema

Hi There,

I am really hoping there is someone on here who can help me with my dilema.

We previously had two very small lounges which were so small that we knocked them into one larger living rooms.

We now have a fantastic large living space, but the below points are making it difficult for the layout:

- two fireplaces along one wall

- other wall has door in the middle, and further along a door into a downstairs toilet ( so limited to one area for just one sofa)

- very long and narrow size

These are our current thoughts but I'd like to know what you think and if you have any other ideas:

- Down the end of the room by the window will be the living room area, as we can have two sofas, for more seating areas I plan to put two chairs and table between the fireplaces against that wall (shortly will be an oak beam covering the steel as a feature)

- my partner wants there to be one large rug to join the large area - or do you think separate ones? To have one made we are looking at getting carpet and having this bound round the edges

- the middle area opposite log burner will be a form of hallway/reception area - as the hallway from the front door is very long and narrow - so plan to have a log rack store, shoe cabinet and hanging of coats - any other ideas to make it less empty would be great

Sorry to ramble on but this is my first house and didn’t realise how hard all of this is (and I am not the most creative person!)

Thank you all for your support,

Sarah

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.