laurenmheath

Open plan/ Extension?

Lauren Heath
7 years ago

Hi,

We are thinking of buying this semi-detached property but there is so much work to do so we want to look into what work needs to be done structurally as well as new central heating system and decorating, etc.

I'll attach the current floor plan. The kitchen is an extension off the back. I would want to make the kitchen much bigger as a kitchen/diner is where I imagine we will be when guests are over etc. Next door have knocked through to the diner so that the kitchen is longer but I would want it to be pretty much the size of the reception room (19.4 x 14 ft) rather than being long and narrow.

Any suggestions on whether to knock through or move things around or simply just extend? - Any ideas on costs etc.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.