webuser_226673

Kitchen worktop and wall suggestions?

HU-226673
7 years ago

Hi, we are are currently having an extension built and looking for advice and ideas around the kitchen finish - in particular the worktops and walls please.

• We like the idea of a white / light quartz worktop. We particularly like Silestone Lagoon, or possibly Blanco Zeus (plain white) but the quotes more than I really wanted to spend. Are you aware of any similar quartz alternatives that are significantly cheaper, and is the quality much different?
  • Solid wood also looks nice and much cheaper, but not sure how easily we will mark it if it is varnished - I am quite good at leaving pools of water around the sink much to my wife's irritation...
  • Less keen on the feel of Corian vs quartz, and the wife is not too keen on the idea of laminate

For the walls we were thinking of large grey tiles, or possibly a light glass splash back.

Some further info on the general look we are after:

• We want something that looks reasonably contemporary, but not clinical nor something that risks going out of date in a few years.
  • The house is a 1960 semi, and we are adding a new open plan kitchen / dining / family room out the back, so no vintage styles that risk looking out of place.
  • We have a 2 year old child so something practical is essential, and don't want
  • Kitchen will probably be a painted shaker style finish with a modern look, probably light grey / partridge grey with bar handles, black induction cooker hob, and Karndean Classic Oak floor

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Pete

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.