asifasacha

Egyptian Cotton in kitchen, yay or nay??

A S
7 years ago
Hi all,

Decided to give Egyptian cotton a go for the kitchen which will have Cashmere units, driftwood worktop and wood effect floor tiles.
Before I apply first coat (after NY's), was wondering if anyone's used Egyptian Cotton before. I'm going to pop down to local DIY store over weekend but in the meantime would love to see peoples experience and what it looks like around homes.

any response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A x

Comments (7)

• A S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you
  • PRO
    Starfish Interiors
    7 years ago

E.C is one of the few colours that covers a multitude of sins, warm yet clean at the same time.. Gorgeous colour

• A S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    How well would it match a Cashmere gloss kitchen?
  • PRO
    Starfish Interiors
    7 years ago

not knowing the exact design and lighting in your kitchen, here is a very loose image of Egyptian cotton in a kitchen setting, Lighting will determine how deep the end result will look I would either go for a Matt endurance (as a contrast to the gloss) or a very low sheen Kitchen paint for easy cleaning. Glass lighting would guve the scheme an elegant finish, But the world is your oyster with this gorgeous neutral palette. Hope that helps.

• A S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Hi, Thanks for your response, I think I will opt for kitchen endurance paint. The kitchens not yet fitted so don't have any images. interested of lighting we have 2 large windows on either ends with a central door.
  • PRO
    Starfish Interiors
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Is there an island? Glass pendant task lighting would be elegant and in keeping with a classic/contemporary feel that egyptian cotton gives also descreet recess lighting in whatever finish you prefer..it comes down to your taste really.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.