emmelinewe

House proud? Upload a pic of your home!

Emmeline Westin
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We love seeing aspirational homes on Houzz, but sometimes I hear from you that you'd love to see ordinary, quirky, inspirational homes, too.

So if you love your home and you think it can inspire others, upload it here! We might even ask to feature it on our social media channels.

Grey and Pink Bedroom Makeover · More Info

Comments (62)

• hamiltonsworld
    7 years ago
    We love our home tho I realise it might be quite unusual for most ppl. It's an Edwardian former church hall attached to a Georgian house with lots of original features.
  • Gaby Ineight
    7 years ago

Our open plan sun lounge, dining room and kitchen area. Ours and our little one's bedroom

• hamiltonsworld
    7 years ago

Also our kitchen was put in by a bar company it's good for parties. It has everything included with dishwasher, ice machine, drinks fridge, gashob and oven etc

• Jayk
    7 years ago

Excellent lateral thinking hamiltonsworld.

• twamleyk
    7 years ago
    Dining room and sitting room!
  • Kate Burt
    7 years ago

Hi all. What an impressive lot of projects - loving all these transformations! If any of you would be interested in your home potentially featuring in a Houzz editorial story, do drop us a line with a link to your before & after pics on Houzz – the more photos you can show us, the better. If we think it could work as a My Houzz story, we'll be back in touch with more information. Best email is ukeditor@houzzuk.com – we look forward to hearing from you :)

• alison_ardrey83
    7 years ago

Our extended 1950s semi. We combined rear sitting room, morning room and kitchen and extended to create open plan family space. with utility room and down stairs cloaks.

• Cammy Garden
    7 years ago

My teenage son's bedroom. Loves New York. Need to paint radiator grey or black.

• PRO
    Best Heating
    7 years ago

Or Cammy you could get your son a shiny new grey or black radiator in our sale - http://www.bestheating.com/sale-1.html

Failing that, we do have a great guide on painting a radiator too - http://www.bestheating.com/info/blog/painting-a-radiator/

Whatever you choose to do, good luck with it! That mural of the skyline is outstanding btw

• F D
    7 years ago
    My retro American diner inspired kitchen (with a guest appearance from my kitten Floyd)
  • PRO
    Conquest Fine Bespoke Furniture
    7 years ago

Great transformation.

• Veronique Galistan
    7 years ago
    Sunny Singapore
  • Liz Mooney
    7 years ago
    Our new kitchen :)
  • lottiefenwick
    7 years ago

We bought this house 3 years ago... the estate agent said it was uninhabitable as it was covered with mould and the roof was shot so it was raining inside- a real wreck. (We moved straight in) I have learned to crack stitch, plaster, restore fireplaces and cornice... and drive a digger. Blood, sweat and tears... literally! It's funny how houses do this to you. I used to be upset when I broke a nail. Not finished yet, but soon I hope a nice home for my family :)

• Stephen Edwards
    7 years ago

Well it wasn't always a house, it was built in 1939 as a clinic and because of its location will never sell for very much, so it wasn't worth aiming for high end fixtures and finishes. It's been a very basic conversion using as much of the structure/fittings as possible and done on a tiny budget.

This was the former waiting room, as you can see a partition wall cuts into it

This was after taking the partition down and swapping the flourescent lights for some of B and Q's finest 1930s style lamps.

and this is how it is today, as you can see I like big furniture, I'm quite pleased with my "fake bookcase" door.

This is from the other end, the fire surround is an addition, sadly no chimney so it has an electric stove.

This was the old dentist's surgery part way through stripping out, the chair had been left plumbed into the floor, it was sold on eBay

This is it now, with a really old dentist drill in the corner as a nod to its former use

The "vault" door goes through to the former dark-room which is now a utility/boot-room.

This is one of the former consulting rooms, it was originally health service blue and this is half way through painting.

It is now my bedroom.

Still very much a work in progress and certainly not a sleek modern look but it's home.

• dianewilson58
    7 years ago

Our 'now' open plan victorian apartment

• LTS
    7 years ago
    Hi edwards28 can I ask how big your kitchen is please & size of island? We are a family of 5 so looking at having 5 stools too. Many thanks.
  • dianewilson58
    7 years ago

Hi not sure if comment meant for me, my pics are the sitting room and hall. However I have added my kitchen pics, but we don't have an island. All the best.

• LTS
    7 years ago

Hi Diane - my comment was to edward but thanks for sharing your lovely pics too :)

• Patrina
    7 years ago
    Our DIY powder room
  • Mairead Moloney
    7 years ago
    Loving all the beautiful homes! Gabby in eight I love you're style, please could I ask where you bought you're lovely mustard lamp from thank you.
  • Gaby Ineight
    7 years ago

Thank you lovely. The lamp is one of those "flat pack" ones from ikea

• PRO
    Seasons in Colour
    7 years ago

Our master bedroom is our sanctuary. Wall in Farrow & Ball Dix Blue. #Houzzproud

• Mairead Moloney
    7 years ago
    Love it Gaby, thank you!
  • Paul Harrison
    7 years ago

A Christmassy shot of our renovated lounge

• merch2005
    7 years ago
    Hi seasons in colour, I love your bedroom. Can I ask where you bought your wall lights from? Thanks
  • S Wall
    7 years ago
    Love my London flat. My husband insisted on the ridiculously large TV.
  • S Wall
    7 years ago
  • sallywheelhouse24
    7 years ago
    Totally love your style.
  • sallywheelhouse24
    7 years ago
    Totally love your style hamiltonsworld.
  • hamiltonsworld
    7 years ago
    Thank you sallywheelhouse24 very kind of you to say - appreciate it :-)
  • PRO
    Seasons in Colour
    7 years ago

merch2005 the wall lights are made to order from a US studio (RoughLuckStudio) available via ETSY), they take 3 weeks to arrive. You can have them in frosted to clear globe and polished or antique brass (you can also customise the colour of the cable (this one is 'gold' as white was too obvious against the wall).

Here's the link: http://tidd.ly/1aba1dda

Hope this helps!

• merch2005
    7 years ago
    Thank you seasonsincolour
  • xxpixietrixxx
    7 years ago
    The first room
    Finished in our renovation
  • Fiona Edwards
    7 years ago

Hi LTS, sorry for the delayed response. The kitchen is 6.5 meters by 5.2 meters. The island is 1980mm in length and 1200mm wide. Hope that helps

• LTS
    7 years ago
    @edwards28 thank you very much, it does help :) Do you have a dining table in that space too?
  • Fiona Edwards
    7 years ago
    Hi LTS, no we have a largish sofa and side table, as we have a separate dining room. We did think about putting a table with bench seating on one side and chairs on the other. But went for soft seating instead. Thanks
  • Nic George
    7 years ago

Gaby Ineight, would you mind sharing where your lovely dining room chairs are from?

• Gaby Ineight
    7 years ago

Hi Nic, the chairs are from Cult furniture but you can also find them in eBay. Just search Eiffel chairs. You can find more photos of our living room and product sources on my Instagram account @lifeineight www.instagram.com/lifeineight

• LTS
    7 years ago
    Thank you so much edwards28. Hope my own project (if we ever decide the zones!) will be as wonderful as yours :)
  • PRO
    Hillarys
    7 years ago

What a fabulous thread! We've really enjoyed having a snoop round some Houzzers homes!

• Veronique Galistan
    7 years ago
    Gabie Ineight, I have the same tiles as you. How do you keep the grout so white?
  • Gaby Ineight
    7 years ago

After the tiles were fitted I sealed the grout with grout sealant and that has worked like a treat :)

• carlahorrigan
    7 years ago
    Before and after living room refurb on a budget
  • Veronique Galistan
    7 years ago
    Gaby Ineight! Thank you!
  • Veronique Galistan
    7 years ago
    Did you seal it on your own? I'm now trying to find a company who'd do this in my country
  • Judi Faithfull
    7 years ago
    We transformed an ugly 70's house into a beautiful contemporary family home. Some before and after pictures
  • alison_ardrey83
    7 years ago

Wow! it looks amazing.

• Ria Samanta
    6 years ago

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.