annbullon19

Do we need a cloakroom off the hall?

annbullon19
7 years ago

IWeam looking for some advise.
We have a four bed detached house in a well-sort after road. the Main bedroom has a large ensuite bathroom/wet-room. the guest bedroom has a small ensuite shower-room with toilet. There is also a small family bathroom with a separate toilet across the landing, at the top of the stairs.
We have recently received planning permission to extend the lounge and add a new downstairs bedroom/sitting room which will be accessed through the lounge. The study which is presently off the lounge would be turned into an ensuite wet room/utility room to the new room.
We also received permission to enclose the front porch and make it part of the hall. We have a very small hall with a downstairs cloakroom.
We would like to know _
1) Do we need the downstairs cloakroom? We must rationalise the cost of the build and the small hall would be bigger without the cloakroom.
2) Would not having a cloakroom in the hall effect the resale value of the house?
i would be grateful for any helpful comments.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.