shauna_marie18

Hallway advice for farm bungalow renovation please? Plans included.

Shauna Marie
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I would really appreciate some advice!! We are renovating an old farm dwelling and have had plans passed (his brother was to move in but changed mind and gave the plans to us which were already passed) so we are basically restricted to the outer perimeter of the house but can change inside as we like.

The kithen/dining is an extension and far right bedroom is the current garage. However my problem lies here; there is no hallway leading to the kithen, meaning you have to go through the living room in order to access the kitchen or access the bedrooms etc. He doesn't mind much but this bothers me! I had suggested cutting into the bedroom beside the utility and making a hall into utility, but resulting in a smaller bedroom. Any of you kind people have any other ideas/designs to solve my problem? He is a farmer and will be using the back door of the house more often (our front door will barely be used) and so trekking back and forward through our living room is not what I want! I also plan on moving the hotpress to the utility for a bigger bathroom, taking the window out of the walk in wardrobe and the door from utility to living room is not supposed to be there (mistakenly placed in plans by architect) Thanks in advance!! Sorry this is long! Shauna

Comments (26)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.