becky_bowie96

Please help me improve our ensuite bathroom...

Becky Bowie
7 years ago

We inherited this ensuite from previous owners and have lived with it for 3yrs. It is roughly square (1.6m) and has a quadrant shower (75cm), sink & on the left a bidet which we never use. It has underfloor heating, and the floor is real pebbles set into cement, which is pretty but hard to clean. We now need at least to replace the shower enclosure (the sealant appears to be badly corroding the chrome somehow), and are trying to think how we could improve the layout to work for us. We have ruled out the expense of installing a toilet, so really just need a sink, shower, plenty of storage space and towel rail. I feel like if we got rid of the bidet we ought to be able to achieve our main aim of a larger shower, but I can't see a way to do it. Any ideas, please?

Also longing to get rid of the 'stainless-steel' effect boarding which covers two whole walls, so on the lookout for decor ideas to complement our 60s home, but prioritising layout for now!

Many thanks!

Comments (17)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.