jamiefrater

Would Grey Improve This?

Jamie Frater
7 years ago

Hey all,

This hallway runs right through the heart of the property (large rooms off to both sides). It runs the entire length of the house from front to back and it is facing North (in the Southern hemisphere so it should be treated as facing South as per Northern hemisphere rules).

This photo is taken from the back door facing down to the front door (north). The two large rooms to the sides are the drawing room and morning room with large windows and lots of light.

I am wanting to do a grey scheme (with blue and mustard) in those two rooms. Would you advise me to do a mid-grey paint in those two rooms with a light grey in the hallway (also running upstairs into the upstairs hallway)?

The walls are beautifully finished so paint seems a better choice than paper. Also I will probably have the floors redone in a warm walnut stain (they are too light for my taste right now).

I want the house overall to have a sense of masculinity and it will be using mostly transitional furniture.

I don't mind the cream that is there but I prefer grey - particularly as there is so much bright sunlight through the core and front of the house - it makes the cream very buttery and it stands out. I think grey would cool it down to give a more natural beautiful soft cool light throughout.

Here are some greys I like that could work:

Boscolo | High End Luxury Interior Designers in London · More Info

Grade II Listed, Hertfordshire Home · More Info

White Triple Panel Vertical Colosseum Radiator · More Info

Comments (33)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.