dcomisso

How would you lay out our downstairs?

dcomisso
7 years ago
We live in a small semi with an attached garage. Our current downstairs layout is shown below. Lack of a functioning hallway and a small kitchen are really not working for us. We've been mulling over ideas for a (long) while now on how to make the best of this space, so much so that we're becoming overwhelmed. So far, we've decided to look at converting the garage (as opposed to the full back extension) to preserve as much garden space (and budget) as possible. We would probably extend the side bit behind the garage to where the remaining of the house ends. We would extend on top of the garage to add another bedroom. We're trying to get our heads around downstairs for the time being. Ideally, we'd want a hall, a sitting room, a kids den/playroom, a kitchen-diner and a small utility area (preferably enclosed).

We don't have the budget to turn this into a massive spacious house, but I do believe a clever design could transform the way we use our house. If you have any thoughts or ideas you could share, or a vision of how you would do it, we would be so grateful for your help.

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.