raiyan_bari

Where to put the utility room/cupboard

Raiyan Bari
6 years ago

We are finalising our open plan kitchen design and wondering how to arrange the downstairs WC and utility area. The length of the extension internally is actually just 4.2m and there is a soil pipe that will be boxed in where the fridge is. So with the fridge taking 1m that leaves me with just less than a 3m worktop run which is less than I wanted.

I've thought about putting the fridge to the other side of the soil pipe (i.e. In the existing building where the utility room is show below but this doesn't give me room to keep the utility area. I could put it in the WC but we wouldn't want to go into the WC just to do the laundry. Another option is to put near the folding doors where the gap is but not sure how that'd look especially as it's better to keep that area more open for the bifold.

Please can someone advise on how to use this space the best? There is a opening between living room (in blue) and kitchen so cannot put there either.

Thanks!

Raiyan

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.