asifasacha

Kitchen design dilemma

A S
6 years ago
Hi houzzers,

Before I start, thank you to everybody who responds, all advice will be greatly appreciated. warning: long post ahead, apologies!

Here's the Dilemma: we purchased a kitchen from a showroom and the flooring from an independent retailer and selected the flooring from conscience and not by taking worktop samples (my bad) thinking we'd be OK. Having everything installed, it all just looks too same with no interest. How can I make it abit more lively on a budget?

The room is a kitchen diner with a U-shaped kitchen on end, dining on the opposite end. The kitchen itself is a cashmere gloss, paired with a 'driftwood' sort of wood effect worktop/splashback (a lighter worktop/flooring may have suited better in hindsight) and vogue beige wood effect porcelain. The walls are Dulux chalk blush 1 and 3.

We are yet to buy a dining table.

I would like to now inject some colour to make the kitchen look abut more exciting...here are my ideas, feel free to correct me and criticise (I've learnt a lot through out this process but haven't clocked all the tricks):-

- I need blinds for the windows so maybe get something a bit colourful - what colour would suit well

- I'm thinking of purchasing orla keily storage caddies and play up on them colours for Stools for a breakfast bar which we are considering to put up.

- a nice clock (inspiration required)

What else could I consider??

I will attach images off the space tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.