leah_rodrigues

Building Regs advice

Leah Rodrigues
6 years ago
We are looking to have an orangery extension built at the back of the house. It's 4.5 x3.5 with a strata skypod, clima control glass St cobain planetherm glass, aluminium bi fold door and two aluminium windows. 100 kingspan in ground and rock wool in walks. I'm due to have a baby in September and need the work complete before then. My question is this. Do we pay 600 for an architect to draw plans etc and 200 for building regs through the council. 2. Pay 200 for an online building notice and do ourselves without architect or 3. Not bother. We do plan on sticking a radiator in there so officially I know we should but don't plan on removing the external door for a couple of years. Do we just apply in a couple of years or like some friends have suggested not at all? We are stretching ourselves financially and have lots of baby stuff to get but I don't want to make a mistake on this, though it does feel like money for nothing and the potential waiting concerns me. Any advice would be welcome?? Thanks Leah

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.