emmelinewe

POLL: What will the wardrobe of the future look like?

Emmeline Westin
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Do you remember the scene in Clueless where the protagonist has a computer that has catalogued her entire wardrobe so she can mix and match her clothes and create failproof outfits?

Fast forward 20 years and our wardrobes are still pretty basic. But what will they look like in 30 years time? Which features will they have? With gadgets, apps and smart technology, will our wardrobes be all-singing, all-dancing multi-tasking computers?

We have predicted a few changes below, but we would love to hear what you think, too. All ideas, no matter how crazy, are welcome!

Built-in steamer for wrinkles and creases
Weather outfit planner
Automated function that can fold or press your clothes
A catalogue of friends and families' clothes for easy swapping
Event outfit planner (e.g. suggestions for dinner party, going to work etc.)
"Magic mirror" that shows the outfit without you having trying on the clothes
Self-cleaning wardrobe (no more washing machine!)
"Find my clothes" chip for lost items (i.e. the wardrobe will know where you lost your jumper)
Mood sensor (e.g. suggestions what to wear when you're in a good/bad mood)
Smart tailoring to adjust clothing (e.g. expanding your jeans when they are a bit tight)
Built-in online shopping app
Other - your suggestion!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.