hw15

Storage ideas for small loft bedroom

Heather Welsh
6 years ago
We live in a dormer bungalow, which we have been renovating over the past few years. Upstairs there is the main bedroom and small 3rd bedroom. I'm now 6months pregnant (1st baby) so we are turning our attention to storage in the small bedroom, which will become the nursery. Gym equipment you see in the photos will obviously be moved. Baby won't be using this room herself for a while but we are hoping to plan ahead a bit with fitted storage. The big chest of drawers that is there at the moment will do initially but won't be safe when she becomes mobile, as we can't secure it to the wall.

So I'm looking for ideas for fitted storage, such as how it could be laid out for best functionality. I appreciate it's tricky without the room being furnished and this will change anyway as baby grows up. We have no plans to move anytime soon.

I thought the alcove area may make the best wardrobe then fit some combination of cupboards/ drawers etc along the red wall in the drawing but am really not sure what would work best!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.