tim_summers15

Doggy Gazebo / Lean-to

Tim Summers
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are scheduled to have a new member of the family, in canine form, around November, so for the next few months we are preparing for it's arrival.

As the weather was an absolute cracker over this bank-holiday weekend, I thought that I'd make a start on something outside.

It is going to have the utility room for it's room, and I'm going to pop in a dog flap into the back garden so that it also has the use of all outside should we go out for a duration and have to leave dog alone.

I wanted to make a covered / shaded / dry / quiet area for it to use should it want to.

So cleaned out the kids dumping area, and random storage, at the back/side of our house and made a start.

pre 'building work'

1.80m across the back, and 2.24m to the front corner. Also, the garden wall is not parallel to the house, leaving 1.10m as an opening.

(during building work - I had absolutely no idea what I was doing so was kinda blagging everything - and going on memory from what I've seen various people do previously)

(getting there slowly)

and done:

I think that it's a pretty decent job IMO - considering I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to woodwork, and I try and avoid it all costs. My old CDT (craft design technology) teacher Mr Morris AKA Wobbly Morris would be so proud of me :)

I tipped some water out of the upstairs window and it all runs off the roof nicely, and over the edge of the wall - onto a grass verge so I'm not fussed about a gutter.

Kennel will go under the window - the rear garage door has never been used, in fact it's always been locked and I have absolutely no idea where the key is.

I may put a gate across the front, we'll see what happens.

Next up will be the replacement of a fence panel between us and next door, once I can speak with the neighbour to find out who owns the fence. It's currently crudely propped up with a bit of wood, but I need a more permanent solution.

Then an additional side gate.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.