jennifer_wilton

Paneled basement with the avocado bar

Jennifer Wilton
6 years ago
I recently posted about the mid century avocado green wet bar in my new house. Thought it might be good to give more context about the room overall, because I'm not sure if I should paint the paneling and modernize, leave it as is and play up the MCM, or some combo. I have a large red sectional with matching armchair (pretty plain, contemporary/transitional style, I guess) that I was hoping to use in this room because I don't want to buy new furniture yet. I also have a pair of IKEA Poäng chairs with black cushions, and a couple of *very* midcentury gold velvet loveseats (which are cool but not the most comfortable and not great for group seating). The red sofa is the clear outlier but also the best for seating. I'll post photos of the room and furniture (some as comments bc of 4 photo limit in post). Appreciate any ideas- I'm stumped.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.