susanna_thomas

Dividing our house into two

special morning
6 years ago

These are the ground plans of our house, which is itself one half of a very large Victorian villa. Some of the rooms are rather large and all have very high ceilings and lots of airy space. The cellar and second floor bedroom are both to the right of the front door.

Do you think there is an obvious way for us to split the house in two when my husband and I want to downsize?

The front garden is very large and there would be room for two nice sized driveways and garden plots. The back garden quite suitable too for dividing up.

Financially, would it be worth it? The think the house is worth right now about £1.2million. 3 bedroom houses sell for around £800-850,000. But how much the build cost etc would be would impact whether we could afford to stay......

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.