ewalvekar

Painter stripped finish from wood floors

Erin W
6 years ago

We recently had our doors and trim painted, and while they look great, we came home to find that the tape they used has stripped the finish off of our beautiful hardwoods. We now have splotches throughout the house, with a few long strips about 2 feet long. Apparently they used regular painter's tape, but it was left on the floors for about 3 days. The floors were refinished a few months before we bought the house, so we have no idea of the finish used.

Any tips on getting this fixed properly and blending in with the surrounding area? The contractor wants to try applying a similar finish to the affected spots, but since we don't know the exact finish, I'm not confident that this will blend with the surrounding wood.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.