ecasta

Is Giallo Verona Granite out of style in 2018?

ecasta
6 years ago

I just remodeled my kitchen and used Giallo Verona for the counter and full height backsplash. The cabinets are cream. While everything works nicely together I cried when I saw the granite installed. It looks like a builders special from 2005! I chose this granite because I didn't want to see seams and I thought it would be neutral and somewhat timeless. I know quartz and quartzite are hot right now, but they were pricey. Help designers! Are the Giallo's out forever?

Comments (9)

• cpaul1
    6 years ago

If I'm going to use granite, then I always find slabs with a large movement, a large pattern. I don't use granite types that are a bunch of tight little dots of color, to me that style is what looks dated.

ecasta thanked cpaul1
  • PRO
    Stefanie Zanow- Kitchens Plus
    6 years ago

unfortunately I would have to agree with what you already know. The smaller pattern on granites are out of date, but you could always remove the full height splash and do a tile to make it look a bit more in style and draw away from the granite.

ecasta thanked Stefanie Zanow- Kitchens Plus
  • PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    6 years ago

Granite has definitely lost its appeal in recent years. It's seen as too busy these days, which is true IMO. It's probably too much with it as a backsplash too, so I would replace that part at least.

The good news is that trends always return, so chances are granite will come back in style in a few years.

ecasta thanked Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • apple_pie_order
    6 years ago

Perhaps one of the granite and tile combinations shown in these photos will look more up to date: https://www.houzz.com/photos/query/Giallo-Verona/

The first one, sorted by all time popularity, has 360,000 saves. That's pretty popular.

And this one is also quite popular in recent activity:

ecasta thanked apple_pie_order
  • ecasta
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you so much for that. I was trying to buck trends and go for what I thought would be a "classic" neutral granite color...if there is such an animal.

• chiflipper
    6 years ago

Natural stone is never out of style or ugly...except for Baltic Brown, which should be banned IMO.

ecasta thanked chiflipper
  • ecasta
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Ha...yes! I'm not a fan of that one either.

• deborahbrownsmith
    4 years ago

I love my Verona but I guess I’m old and outdated 😂

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.