webuser_71660

alternative remodelling & extension

Tani H-S
6 years ago
Morning all,

Well we had our first estimate back yesterday for making our loft room up to standard and doing our large rear extension. It came in so much over budget - not helped by the vat which was £20k

Still getting more quotes in and trying none vat registered builders for price comparison, but in the meantime, we are trying to come up with a plan that would cost a lot less but still be a nice sized and appealing family home.

You can see from the images the original house (the coloured layout) and the new proposed plans in b&w with original house on the left and new version on the right which would give us a lovely space. Ignore the rooms within the plans on the new one as we can swap these around.

Basically we have one room upstairs as master bedroom and plan to have en suite in it.
Downstairs we need another two bedrooms and bathroom. Lounge, dining & kitchen open plan.

Problem is the rooms on the kitchen size aren't large so we would have to extend even if it's just by another meter to get a good width.

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.