lovethymini

Floorboards/Engineered wood/Amtico experiences please

Lisa
5 years ago
Hello,
We're renovating a 30's bungalow and I need to stop procrastinating over the flooring , any opinions on which to go for?

We're currently in rented which has varnished floorboards, practical, easy to clean, but I'm disappointed with how easily it dents, making me think it's not a good idea. looks gorgeous though, and adds warmth to the room.
I've looked at engineered wood but not found anything I like.
Amtico/Karndean looks like a great quality option but I'm expecting it to be very costly, and possibly not as cosy in a lounge?

the look I'm going for is a timeless light oak, something with texture, and bevelled edges. we had carpet in our last home and despite being treated with a stain resistant finish it was so time consuming to keep clean.
The rooms are 2 recs, bedroom and kitchen, being a bungalow I'm thinking same flooring throughout to help with the flow. I've already bought ceramic tiles in a marble style for the bathroom.

does anyone have experience of living with floorboards, have yours dented easily or have you avoided that by varnishing with some thing that hardens the wood?

does anyone have Amtico flooring in a lounge?

can anyone recommend a good engineered wood?

Thanks for reading x

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.