douglas_brooks100

Best Home Renovation Tips for Summer Projects

Douglas Brooks
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

It might be that time of the year when everybody likes to kick back and relax — summer. Grab this golden opportunity to make some renovations to your home that will not only make life more comfortable but also increase the value of your home. Home improvement is increasingly becoming popular among homeowners, and nothing provides sufficient time for this than that long summer break. Never make the common mistake that many do by concentrating too much on the outdoors. Your well trimmed lawn and perfectly aligned hedge could look good to your neighbors, but your family’s needs to be considered, especially if they’re burning from the summer heat inside.

Renovations Tips You Can’t Ignore

It is no doubt that the number one priority for most homes is how to handle the heat when it becomes too much for comfort. This season (the summer) also is the perfect time for you to work on your lawns and gardens to ensure everything looks bright and lively. There are numerous projects you can undertake to improve your home in the winter. However, this doesn’t mean you should try everything you hear about. Here are some key areas you can work on over the summer to make home a much better place:

Ventilation: Effective interior ventilation is important during summer to make the heat more tolerable. This also improves the quality of the indoor air you inhale. The easiest way for most homes is to install a venting skylight. A more affordable way is to employ cross ventilation by setting up windows opposite each other. If these don’t work out for you, you can try one of these:

• An open floor plan instead of one with many partitions.
• Placement of air entry and exit vents.
• Use of ceiling fans.

In-ground swimming pool: Sounds expensive but more than worth the money if you can afford one. This will guarantee relaxing and cool water sessions especially in the afternoons.

Deck: Attaching a deck to your home is one of the best renovations you can do in the summer. A composite deck would be good for durability and easy maintenance.

Storage unit: Building a storage unit can be also a part of renovation. It will free up the home spaces from gathering.

Patio: If you need space in the backyard for outdoor barbecues and parties, setting up a patio is the way to go. This is especially if a deck is too much to ask of you.

Backyard kitchen: Well if you can’t take the heat, you can move your kitchen outside. For the places where summer gets too warm to cook, this will be a great idea to improve your home value.

Plan In Advance

Cutting costs is important in the summer, and as such cutting down energy costs by use of sun control window films is a good idea. In case you opt to water your lawn, a

analyze your soil structure and terrain to identify the most economical positions to place sprinklers. There’s much you can do to renovate your home in the summer, but never without planning. Planning in advance will help you know the most economical ways to improve your biggest lifetime investment to your home.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.