jim_trevivian

Kitchen diner layout – which way?

Jim Trevivian
5 years ago

Forgive the rather basic drawings. I’m stuck on where to place the kitchen and dining room. The 'plans' I've attached are just trying to show how the layout could work and are by no means anywhere near refined.

Of course, I understand there are many possible configurations. However, at this stage, I just need to get my head around whether to keep the kitchen in the same place or work out if it is better to move it into where the dining room is. Hopefully once I've got my head over that part, I can look forward to all the other issues, questions and dilemmas which will arise :-)

Kitchen Diner (larger kitchen, smaller dining room)

• Use of the fireplace to install a range oven (or something similar)
  • More kitchen space (cabinets, worktops and island)

Diner Kitchen (larger dining room, smaller kitchen)

• Use of fireplace to have a wood burning
  • Larger area for relaxing with good views of the garden
  • No need to move current gas and water services

The other point to mention is that we’re probably going to be selling in the next couple of years. Therefore, I don’t want to spend too much but obviously keeping in mind that any layout also has to appeal to potential buyers.

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.