123_sam

Help with colour for exterior render and new front door.....

Sam N
5 years ago

Hi, We are coming to the end of a full renovation (thank goodness! :-)), but have so far mostly focused on the inside of the house, we did at least have all new windows fitted at the start of the renovation. Now it is time to pay some attention to the outside. Larger jobs like a new patio, driveway & front steps etc. will have to wait a little while our sanity and our bank balance recovers :-) but we would like to have the existing render painted and we are also having a new composite door fitted.

I would love to hear your thoughts on what colour we should paint the rendor, I am really not a fan of the current creamy buttery colour. I have ammonite in one of the rooms at the front of the house and love the colour, but I am not sure if it will look stark on the outside. The existing brick will be left as is, I love the brickwork!

Would also love to hear your suggestions for style and most importantly colour for the front door, the house was built in 1932, so I guess it should be in keeping with that, but I find most of the composite 30's style doors look a bit odd? The door surround and windows either side will be white when replaced, not black as it is currently.

I am attaching a couple of photos the first one showing the new windows, the second is of the house when we bought it, from the estate agent photos.

I want to keep the original garage doors, they will be painted to match the front door....once we have chosen a colour.

Any advice or suggestions would be really appreciated :-) thanks

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.