westleaf

Victorian front door/porch restoration

westleaf
5 years ago
Hello. I'm looking for advice on restoring the original porch design on our Victorian town house. The previous owners brought the front door forward and so our front door is now flush with the front of the house. I would prefer to re-instate the original design of the arched porch and a recessed front door. Has anyone seen anyone do a similar restoration? Would this be a complete waste of money do you think? I guess it will be expensive as the internal wall was also removed inside the house too so the porch would need proper brick work. Maybe I should just upgrade our front door and the fan glass above it and be satisfied with that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I attach pictures of our front door and then a neighbour's for comparison. Thank you!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.