reesepbuttercup

Wallpaper under dado?

I'm thinking about installing a dado rail in my staircase and wallpapering beneath. I know dado rails aren't in at the moment, but my staircase is looking worse for the wear (kids and pets) and because it has a vaulted ceiling repainting isn't an option. I was thinking about putting the rail a little higher than normal. With the vaulted ceiling I think that would look okay.

As far as which wallpaper, I'm not sure at the moment. The ground level of my home is open plan and in the boot room area I have this wallpaper

Should I go with another paper from the same range? Maybe a paintable beadboard? My decor is very neutral with bits of blue here and there.

Here is the staircase, it does have three two storey windows which will complicate how the dado rail terminates.

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.