catherine_eb

Fence and Decking Colour

catherine_eb
5 years ago
The back garden is finally being landscaped in a few weeks so my thoughts are turning to fence colour. You can see the new, orange, fencing and the older fence on the neighbours side. It’s a long garden, around 60ft, it’s great in spring and summer as I’m surrounded by greenery but in the winter it can be sparse looking. I’ve added a pic from January so you can see the difference the full trees make.

The landscaping will pretty much follow the current layout. The path down the side will be double slab width in a light grey. The current grassed area will be artificial and the same size and towards the bottom (where you see the stick in the ground) will be gravel/shingle area and then right at the bottom a slabbed patio area (and I’m thinking of putting a shed). The decking will be replaced so I’d like to tie it all in together but need helping thinking what colour!

I LOVE the darker fence and decking colours from dark grey, navy to black but I’m thinking in such a large area it’ll look too imposing. There will be some planting around the left edges with hardy evergreens in tall planters and on the right I’m keeping the cordyline and there will be evergreen shrubs as well as lavender.

You can see the full garden from the decking down to the patio then from the patio to the back of the house. The back is due to be repainted so will be whiter than it currently is.

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.