mcpeeple

How can I make my Edwardian house front look nicer?

mcpeeple
5 years ago
Hi guys. I really hope you can help me. I really need some ideas for the outside of our terrace. It was built in 1905 and so should look lovely, but Ive always hated the front of it. Theres just something out-of-balance about it, but I cant put my finger on what. The white uPVC porch is awful, obvs, but i dont know what to replace it with. All the other houses in the terrace have a transparent-roofed porch, but I dont know what would have been there originally? Ive tried to research, but I cant find any other houses that look quite like ours! Im also not keen on the pebbledash section, but again, as the rest of the terrace has this, I think it would look odd to change it. So basically Im stuck between making it nicer, taking it back to its original 'look' (whatever that was) and keeping it like the neighbours' houses. Any thoughts would be very welcome!

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.