webuser_71660

help with tiling in the bathroom pretty please

Tani H-S
5 years ago

Can't seem to find my old en-suite post but I'm at the point where I can't find the exact tiles I wanted or the walnut vanity that's narrow enough for the wall it has to go on. So frustrated, I thought I would ask advice on the tiles because I might have to change my plans for it.

Really, I wanted a dark grey marble and adding in some warm wood in the form of a vanity shelf/drawer but it can't be any deeper than 400mm if it's 600wide or 350 if it's a bit longer otherwise it will obstruct the entrance.

I've found some alternative tiles that are ok - not what I wanted but nice enough, but they are much lighter mid grey. I had planned on using them on the floor and within the shower cubicle and then only tiling above the sink area. (see the single tile sample attached)

However, we have a wall hung wc and I've been told I have to now tile that - so I'm not sure if I should use the same tiles or go for a plain darker grey on the WC wall and around the lower sink walls instead?? There is loads of light in the room so not worried about it being too dark as I like some drama. The top of the walls will be white anyway to match the shower tray and wc.

What do you guys think? I still have so many things I need to buy for the room that the plumber needs to finish off and I thought I had a lot longer time to sort them out so I'm a bit stressed by it all.

The nice images of the finished bathrooms are Houzz photos and the sort of look I like.

The pic with the all grey marble bathroom is the tile I'm planning on using for the floor/shower. Looks a bit darker than their image which is wishy washy.

Open to suggestions after that! ie Wood effect tiles on the wc walls and sink wall and get a grey or white vanity instead? that would add some warmth. Or ...

Have included the layout of our room except the door is in the centre now and it's a straight wall, not angled!

Highbury House · More Info

The Lux Retreat · More Info

Comments (33)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.