matador7000

Sitting room cupboards

Matt H
5 years ago

Hello!

So, I'm doing an extension on the back of my town house in a conservation area. Unlike the rest of the house (traditional/Victorian-esque), the newly-expanded sitting room (6 x 5-metres) to the rear will have large (2.5-metres high) bi-fold glass doors to the rear, oak parque flooring, glass/wood stair-well to the lower ground and a more modern feel to it, but without it being tacky or a fashion-victim! It'll be painted in Craig & Ross Braze Blue... it's by the sea! ;-)

The problem is that I have had to encase some serious pipe work and a small boiler within the room, as it is just not worth it to move it. On a plus side, this means there will be some unanticipated storage space. The new cupboard will be about 2-metres (L) x 40cm (D) x 2.5m (full ceiling H).

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to nail this look? Ideally I could save a few pennies here, but it feels like a bespoke build is going to be needed and it'd probably be wooden doors. Pure white (bespoke) wood cupboards, bespoke wood painted the same as the 'Braze Blue' walls... help/advice appreciated!

TIA

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.