webuser_191826900

room and balkony

Tatjana R.
5 years ago

Dear all, I need your advice about decorating our balcony.

Namely, we live in a small appartment, and we would like to turn our balcony into room (for the oldest child). Dimensions of the balcony are 4 m x 1.35 m. We would like to put there a folding armchair, on which he could sleep at night, as well as the work desk for studying.

Could you also give me some ideas about curtains on the balcony?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments (5)

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Where is the door onto the balcony? And which way does it turn? Does it turn outwards to the balcony?

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Wondering if a daybed (for example: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/beds/guest-beds-day-beds/flekke-day-bed-w-2-drawers-2-mattresses-black-brown-moshult-firm-spr-09130040/ ) would work? If you place that along the outside wall? And a desk on a short side, wall to wall.

• Tatjana R.
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Two door and it is not open to the balcony

• Carolina
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

What do you think of this? I've used the daybed from the link in my previous comment, and this desk. Just to show you the dimensions of the furniture I've put in.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/childrens-ikea-products/children-8-12/childrens-desks-chairs-8-12/micke-desk-white-art-30213076/

I would do venetian blinds for the windows and doors to the indoor space, for privacy. The outside blinds would probably make it dark enough? Otherwise simple roller blinds. I would put carpet or a wood effect vinyl for the floor, with the planks running from long wall to long wall, to make it seem a bit deeper. It will also be warmer on the feet.

The wall opposite the wardrobe I'd paint in horizontal stripes, or use a funky wallpaper.

Click on the pic to enlarge it.

• Jules Mc
    5 years ago
    I think Carolina's suggestion is the only possible layout. I don't know the age of your son but if this is a permanent bedroom, and not for occasional use, I would definitely go with a proper single bed (you don't have room for a 4' one I don't think) with storage under. An armchair style bed would only bed will not be as comfortable or supportive for a good night's sleep.
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.