rachel_lauster

Champagne gold or oil rubbed bronze hardware? Or neither?

Rachel Lauster
5 years ago

Choosing between champagne gold and oil rubbed bronze hardware for this bathroom. Oil rubbed bronze would almost blend in with the dark wood I think, which could be good. Not sure how the gold would look. I don't want it to be too matchy matchy. The shower head will also be champagne gold, but behind a shower curtain. The mirror has both finishes.

Champagne Gold
Oil Rubbed Bronze
Something else?

Comments (4)

• queenvictorian
    5 years ago

What about unlaquered brass? You can keep it shiny gold if you want by regular polishing, or let it develop a darker patina (which it will do quickly in the bathroom). Then when if you get bored of the antique look, polish it again.

Rachel Lauster thanked queenvictorian
  • Rachel Lauster
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We actually could do antique brass, but unlaquered isn't an option with our builder. I wonder how to antique brass would look with the other gold fixtures.

• PRO
    Lyndale Glass Inc.
    5 years ago

The champagne gold would look really nice against the dark cabinet. It adds a nice, classy contrast.

• cpaul1
    5 years ago

I can't tell what I would be voting for. The answer is you should have more than one metal in a space. I recommend picking one metal for the "water" parts (the sink and shower faucets), and another HIGH CONTRASTING metal for the other parts (towel bars, toilet paper holder, and cabinetry). That way you have enough balance of like things vs. different things spread across the bathroom but also somewhat grouped together so that it doesn't look like a mish mash of randomness, and it is very clear that you are purposely not trying to match them. If your shower faucet is already champagne, then get matching sink faucets. Then I would do the rest in ORB, and to me that works because I like it when dark cabinetry has dark hardware in bathrooms so there isn't a high contrast in colors. There is no reason IMO for your eye to be drawn to the hardware in a bathroom (unlike when I want it to in others spaces, like a kitchen for example). So I like it when the hardware just blends in and disappears when it doesn't need to be singled out.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.