candy_o_connor

How Long to Lay Wood-like Tile Throughout Home?

Candy O'Connor
5 years ago

We are currently in the process of having wood like tile laid throughout the majority of our home- there will be about 1800 sq ft. We have been living out of the house since March due to a fire and this is the final step before we can move in- as you can imagine, we are really anxious and really hope that we can be in before Christmas. We were optimistic, but then they began laying tile this week on Tuesday. It is a two man crew- so far they have laid less than approx 500 sq ft in 4 days?

While the tile looks great, I am sort of taken back at how long this is taking so it is leading me to wonder how long this normally takes and how many sq ft should be completed in a day? Initially GC told us that we would be in the house today, but it is now looking like it will be at least another week- given that everything still needs to be grouted and set, I am starting to wonder if that is even realistic. Does anyone have any experience with this- are they moving very slow or is this normal? My children we really excited about being in the house for Christmas and trying to figure out if I need to start setting expectations.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.