webuser_21289340

Rough coat render and condensation advice

Coldwater
5 years ago
Our 1700 house has what I think is rough coat render. It's cracked in places, where new render has been added to the extension (12 years old) and in some places it sounds hollow underneath, so we suspect it's no longer adhering to the wall.

We were considering just painting the walls to tidy them up as they need a good refresh. However maybe re-rendering is the wall to go. Should we have all of the render removed? Or could we go straight over the top of the existing? We don't want to make the condensation worse. We've had mixed advice from professionals. We want a smooth render.

We have condensation on the walls on older part of the house (non cavity walls). Which we need sorted. The walls are very cold. Could the cracked render be causing this issue?

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.