webuser_71660

advice on working out BTU for extension

Tani H-S
5 years ago
As my builder seems to have absconded this week (was supposed to be working) - I need help working out the BTU for our new extension so we can have time to find suitable rads as the plumber needs these to put pipe work in.

The bit we don’t know is whether or not we should class the L shape as all one room (lounge with the new long extension) or as two separate rooms? (See pic)

The plan is to have a large rad on that big white wall as you walk into the room (behind the sofa) and then another large one behind the dining table.
That’s all the wall space I have.

Then I’ve found a low, long rad to put under the kitchen island where the seating is.

We will also have a 7kw log burner in the lounge area as well.

So, should I calculate the rads for the kitchen diner as one separate room to ensure that side is warm? Or the whole thing? :0/

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.