anne_ticehurst64

Will dark grey cabinet doors date, or are they timeless?

A T
16 January, 2019
last modified: 16 January, 2019

I'm almost ready to order a new kitchen but am having last-minute jitters. We've always loved dark grey, and have gravitated towards it in every kitchen showroom we've visited (matt painted doors with chrome handles).

We've spent a fortune renovating our mid-century house. Part of me wants to future-proof it as much as possible (perhaps a white kitchen, which we had in our last mid-century home and which was still looking good after 40-odd years ), and part of me wants to go for what we love (dark grey, with a mix of stainless steel and wood countertops).

What are your thoughts on the dark grey trend - will our kitchen look really dated really soon? If so, and if I decide to go for it anyway, are there any design principles I should follow to minimise the cost of changing colour a few years down the line?