webuser_600047511

Ugly boiler box / chimney breast

HU-600047511
5 years ago

The main bedroom in the two bed house I'm buying is an extremely awkward shape due to the chimney breast and built in boiler cupboard.
In an ideal world, I'd get the boiler moved as I hate the idea of it being in my bedroom. However that task will be too expensive for me, and I imagine ripping down the existing cupboard would be a hassle too. I'm living alone so I can't afford anything that isn't DIY and I'm personally terrible at DIY!
Has anyone got any tips to make the cupboard look less obtrusive? My best idea is to put a standing mirror i front of the chimney breast and then have floating shelves on the other side of it. I think it would look weird if I added another cupboard on the other side.
Would any particular colours help make it look less obvious / would decorating the cupboard work? Let me know your thoughts!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.