katod1982

Botched bathroom job

katod1982
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I had one of the 4 guys that I had in for quotes to complete work on an en suite and small shower room.

It turned into a semi nightmare with all plasterboard having to be hacked off in both rooms due to the tiles taking most of it off when they came down.

I provided all fittings and most of the items needed however he did get some that I had obviously missed and was reimbursed for it.

the smaller of the shower rooms is much better with a more polished finish however I am having a nightmare with the en suite and could so with some advice.

once The trim was being i realised I had made a mistake and it looked cheap and was too big for the bevel edge he said that he couldn’t use a thinner trim as it would over hang the wider part of the tile where it’s cut. the end result is not good with the visible over hang of the trim.

the silicon is breaking up and thin in places with little to no care taken to keep it straight. I do think that clear should have been used on the shower edges ?!

generally the appearance looks cheap in my opinion when you look up close. From further away it doesn’t look too bad. ive Asked him to come back to change the trims he can’t give me a date and I’ve also asked him to come sort the silicon and make sure all trims actually join !!

I think im going to end up getting someone else in

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.