annabel_mulcahy

How many pendant lights on a 1.8m breakfast bar?

Annabel Mulcahy
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi, We have just knocked kitchen through to dining room and where the wall used to be we would like to put a 1.8mx1m breakfast bar (which will run perpendicular to the existing worktop housing a sink). The new breakfast bar will have a 60cm hob on the end by the walkthrough to the dining room (I know not ideal but we struggled to find somewhere else for it).

Originally we were going to have a 60cm extractor fan hanging down from the ceiling over the hob but in fear of people hitting their heads (as it would be right next to the walkthrough) we feel a ceiling flush extractor fan would be better. I had the electrician wire in for 2 pendant lights to the right of the extractor fan but now we are going with a flush ceiling one, do you think 3 would be ok and not too crowded (they would be set back from the ceiling flush extractor)??

I'm really keen to have 3 separate hanging ones and not really a fan of the single bar ones with 3 lights coming off.

Any advice would be fantastic. Photo is rather grainy but this is looking from the dining room into the kitchen and you can see where the breakfast bar is going to go by the unit that is just jetting out a bit on the left. The extractor would be in f

ront of the steel and the lights set the other side of the steel.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.