courtney_bergh87

Re-wiring costs?

Courtney Bergh
11 March, 2019
We saw a lovely 5 bed house on Saturday and are looking at doing a second viewing. The owners bought the house around 1994 and have not had it rewired. It's an Edwardian era home. I'm not sure when the rewiring was last done, but can guarantee it's not up to code and probably dates to at least the 1970s or 1980s as the owner said it came up on their survey, but they didn't do it.

The question is how much should we factor in to have it done as I think it's unsafe not to do it? Online estimates have said about £6,500, but that feels low to me.

Comment (1)