lin_stacey

Help with living room design please!

L St
5 years ago

We are lucky enough to have just built a new home and wanted our living room to be very light, as our last one was quite dark. It has large windows to front and rear and two smaller windows either side of the fireplace. It also has double pocket doors to the kitchen/dining area. Whilst we love the room and the light we unfortunately didn't give much thought to the furniture and TV placement.

As there was not enough room in the corners of the room we have placed the TV above the fairly low fireplace and that seems to work well although it means the sofa against the opposite wall. We had intended to have some built in bookcases/furniture built but having made an expensive error ordering short curtains which looked completely wrong, we have replaced them with full length which looks much better but leaves us little room for built in furniture.

Hopefully you can get a feel for the room from the attached photos (the sideboard is completely wrong and will have to go and we are resigned to probably replacing the sofas too). We seem to have some wasted spaces and are just at a loss as to how to make the room look right. Does anyone have any ideas to make the best of the room?

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.