amh413

Investment in Home Rental Space

Out Bound
3 April, 2019

I am in the research and creative phase of purchasing a second home for use as a short term rental. I want to spend some of my time living there so I need materials and designs that are sturdy, functional, universally appealing, and pet and child-friendly. In other words, white carpet and crystal vases galore is out. I want to be certain that it have curb appeal but also online appeal--to the point where it could be an actual tool for Instagram growth. I know that is a tall order but as an investment I know that small design details can make the difference on if it is a wow or a dud in demand. I will also work from home when I am there, so a clean stream-lined and inspirational feel is a must as well.

Personally I think it is difficult to design something that is universally appealing so you have to consider your likely rental market which may be influenced by the location of this property.
    The point is that if you property is going to be rented by ramblers they have different tastes and requirements than race goers or those working in the city
    Out Bound thanked Jonathan
  • Ribena Drinker

I think what you put in there very much depends on who you're trying to attract and who is attracted to it.

Are you thinking of it as a perhaps a holiday let? Or are you perhaps thinking of longer - 3 months or so?

What is the location and what sort of other rental properties are there? If the other properties are going to attract one type of renter, it's no use trying to appeal to a completely opposite type of renter.

Also what sort of budget are you looking to spend?

Out Bound thanked Ribena Drinker
    Cormar Carpets

Hi there, an easy maintenance carpet is best when renting to ensure you’re not renewing every time a tenant leaves/moves in. Cormar offers an easy clean collection of carpets – including Apollo Elite, Apollo Plus, the Primo range (Primo Plus, Primo Choice and Primo Ultra) and the super luxurious Sensation range (Sensation Original, Sensation New Feeling, Sensation Heathers and Sensation Twist) – all of which are dirt and stain resistant and bleach cleanable. Perfect for young couples, families or pet-friendly homes, they are made with an easy clean polypropylene fibre and come in a wide range of fashionable colours to suit various decorating schemes. See more at https://www.cormarcarpets.co.uk/ranges/inspiration/

Primo Choice · More Info

Apollo Comfort · More Info

Sensation · More Info