hope__x

Unbalanced, awkward window placement in rental flat

Hope Bradley
8 years ago

I've just moved into a rental flat in North west London, and need help with my bedroom. The uneven window is really bugging me. I'm planning on changing the bedside tables for something more delicate, probably in white. Also changing the rug. I need a bit of inspiration on what to do with the spaces around the bed, as you can see the spaces around the beside tables are uneven. How could I treat the window so that it appears more balanced? I thought about drapes but my landlord does not want any fixtures to the wall (although if they were untraceable upon removal I see no issue). I also think I need something at the bottom of my bed. I'm on a very low budget, and as this is a rental flat I'm not allowed to fix/drill anything to the walls. I'm going for a neutral/white colour palette, and am planning on adding in the IKEA hemnes 8 drawer dresser, a large mirror to sit on top of that and once I have the bed sorted, various other bits and pieces. I have an IKEA lappljung (black and white) rug in storage that I could bring in. I'm very new to the home decorating thing, this is my first rental flat! Any suggestions on what I could do to the room would be much appreciated!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.