cannot_compute

Small north facing garden design

Cc
5 years ago

Hi folks,

Looking for some inspiration and ideas.

I bought this house last year and most of the inside is done so now I'm looking at the outside. I have some time off and wondered would I be able to make myself a nice back garden before the summer.

Some details

Garden is north facing

Size is roughly 8m long x 6.5m wide (26ft long x 21 ft wide)

Back wall 2m (7ft ) high

East side wall 1.8 (6ft) high

West side wooden fence 1.8m (6ft)high

Oil tank and boiler are not movable.

Grass is optional but I would love some nice flowers/bedding

A new shed is required and I'm thinking something small maybe 6ft x 4ft just to store some stuff.

The sunniest part is typically backwall on the oiltank/boiler side as it gets the last of the west light and high summer sun.

The concrete you see at the bottom which is in a hollow is the base of an old block shed that used to be there.

All I really want is this space to look 'nice' - it's never going to be a football field, nor is it going to be a big outdoor dining area... I would just like some colour through flowers to take away all the grey and space to put out a little table and chairs.

Any suggestions where to even start with this? Or what I could do with it? How do I even out all the levels and surfaces?

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.