e11ie

Kitchen - upcycle or replace?

Luciana
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi all,

We will shortly exchange on a second home and I'm already making plans for things that we would like to change or improve. One thing I can't yet make up my mind about is the kitchen. As you can see, it is quite old and charming and I feel guilty even thinking about ripping it out. However, I not sure I can cope with it as it is... it doesn't feel very efficient (plus I'm not sure I will ever have enough crockery to fill up that dresser). I don't have a photo of it, but on the other side of the room there're more of the same base cupboards with shelves on top.

I do know a very good carpenter who I'm sure would be able to build some new drawers or change hinges or whatever else needs improving if we decide to keep it. Also, he can spray paint it... but is it worth it? Should we just get a new one?

Or maybe I should just try and live with it for a while... What do you all think?

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.