webuser_433907987

Garden Design & Planting Advice desperately required!

HANNAH BEE
5 years ago

Hello there...having bought a house which needed a lot of work internally, we are now looking at the garden. The garden is 2-tier, per the pics attached. The garage will be going as we would like a patio and integrated seating area on the top tier.

We would like to create steps going centrally from the top to the lower tier, taking away current side steps and cutting into the retaining wall.

As you can see from the pics, the previous occupants cut into conifers at the bottom, leaving brown exposed.

Questions I suppose are, would anyone have any design ideas as Im struggling on the external space, including whether a seating area would work with next doors high conifer hedge to the left and what we could do with the bottom tier. Also what plants would work esp when we would like to cover bottom dead conifers and have colour around the garden year-round. NB we have a 3 year old so would like to keep the swing and have shed for storage.

Thanks so much!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.