nick_middleweek

How can I provide a nicer kitchen entrance from the hallway

Nick Middleweek
4 years ago

Hello

I'm at the easy stages of updating my kitchen and hallway and I'm after some ideas around a new kitchen entrance. I have inherited a bi-folding door that gets in the way when opened as it's folded inside the kitchen.

I first thought about removing the door but thought a kitchen door is always a good idea for smells and noise, etc.

I then wondered if I could use a sliding door but most seems to look pretty ugly. I'm now thinking about pine french doors that open into the hallway and would remain pinned back until needed however I'm wondering if there are better ideas.

Has anyone had a similar design issue and/ or does anyone have any thoughts on solving this issue so it looks nice as well as practical?

Attached are some photos of my hallway, width is 109cm, height is 290cm. Here is a possible idea for french door.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.